>Trying to blog while on the road with no computer is proving to be a difficult experience. There are photos that I want to share and show to everyone, amazing things I´ve seen, people I´ve met, wierd shit that I have come in contat with. But they are foating in cyber space and I am currently in Mancora Peru, which is on the coast of Northern Peru very close to the ecuator. It is beautiful and hot and filled with women that fit the same description. So the photos will wait….
I just tattooed serioulsy for the 1st time since I left home in January. I had done a couple here and there but had not settled down to focus on work at all. My buddy Daniel Aranda had a friend in Lima with a shop called Arte Sagrado, I spent two or three weeks there with those guys and really worked my ass off. It felt so good and the dudes were cool as shit, made some really great friends. I am in love with tattooing, my mistress for the past 11 years. Tattooing in Lima Peru was a bit like being a missionary, Peru is not a rich country (at least in economical terms), most things are inexpenive. Tattoos as well. So I was doing the best work I could for a fraction of what I would charge while at home and it felt so good. It wasn´t about money. It was about the love of the craft, and leaving a trail, a record of my being there, a record left in the skin of the people.
I have been reading a shit ton since this trip statrted and I would like to brag about the books I have read since January… the stars represent my favorites
1. Kafka on the shore by Mirukami*****
2. Savage Detectives by Roberto Baloño*****
3. You Cant Win by Jack Black*****
4. some book about two douchbags kidnapped in the Darien Gap
5. 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez****
6. Motorcycle Diaries by Che Guevera
7. Cold Dark by Comrmac Mccarthy
8. 2666 by Roberto Baloño*****
9. The 8 fold Enlightened Path by ?…
10. Raise High The Roof Beams by Salinger
11. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou*****
12. Lord of the rings (the 1st one) by Tolkien
13. Geek Love by…?
14. Love in the time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez*****
15. Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
16. Synopsium by Plato
17. The Metamorphosis by Kafka***
18. The Art of War by Sun Tzu
19. The Old man and the Sea by Hemingway*****
20. The Brief Wondrous LIfe of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz (2nd time) *****
I just wanted to say hello….